It looks like it may be a rainy Halloween night for those of us in South Florida. But if the rains stop, here are some helpful Trick-or-Treating Tips for our young ghosts & goblins.
- Trick or treat in familiar neighborhoods.
- Carry a flashlight with fresh batteries after dark.
- Always trick or treat in groups, accompanied by an adult.
- Follow a curfew and take a watch with a backlight.
- Stay on the sidewalks and out of the streets.
- Watch out for open flames in jack-o-Lanterns..
- Only visit well lit houses. Don't stop at dark houses.
- Don't enter any houses unless you know the people.
- Carry a spare Halloween bag, in case yours breaks
- Don't cut across yards and stay out of backyards.
- Never accept rides from strangers.
- Respect other people and their property.
- Be polite and say "thank you."
- Don't eat any candy until it's inspected for tampering