It is the holiday season and for many of us that means visits from the in-laws, last-minute shopping, and all around crazy schedules. It is easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle this time of the year, so let’s all make an effort to get out and have some fun.
Below are just a few of the upcoming holiday events taking place in South Florida.
- Winterfest Boat Parade (December 10, 2011) in Fort Lauderdale offers magical moments for kids and adults alike featuring festively decorated boats and a visit from Santa Claus!.
- Santa’s Enchanted Forest (All month) - Between the long days, warm spring-like temperatures and lack of snow, it is sometimes impossible to get in the spirit. When these days get the better of you, go where Christmas is in the air- Santa's Enchanted Forest. Only Scrooge himself wouldn't ho-ho-ho here!
- Miami City Ballet Performs The Nutcracker. This Christmas classic brings Sugar Plum Fairies to the Adirenne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in Miami and the Broward Center for the Performing Arts in Fort Lauderdale. Tickets start at $20.
- 56th Annual Hollywood Beach Candy Cane Parade. Saturday, December 3, 2011. Get ready to catch your share of peppermints and candy canes at South Florida's premier holiday celebration, Watch the parade make its way from Scott Street south to Harrison Street.
- Christmas in Yesteryear Village - West Palm Beach. Two Weekends: December 9-11, 2011 & December 16-18, 2011. Enjoy the beautifully decorated historic buildings, a 30 ft. Christmas tree and an evening light display. Listen to storytellers, carolers, and choral groups at the Red Level Baptist Church. Visit with Mr. and Mrs. Santa, while enjoying a hot chocolate or a cup of apple cider. Vote for your favorite Non-Profit trimmed tree...winner will get cash donation! Browse vendors/crafters & the General Store for great holiday gifts!
- Holiday Extravaganza - Boynton Beach - December 3, 2011. 5 p.m. 41st Annual Holiday Parade along Federal Highway from SE 12th Ave to Ocean Ave 6:30 p.m. 50 foot Tree Lighting at Ocean Avenue Amphitheater 7 p.m. Concert featuring Brass Transit, the Chicago Tribute Band
- Holiday Fantasy of Lights. Occurs every day starting on 11/18/2011 until 01/01/2012. A drive-through light spectacular for all ages, with dozens of illuminated holiday displays. 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Hear about any events not listed above? Please leave a comment and pass it along.