Factors to consider in selecting a natural stone | Stone Care Guide
Please use the links below to navigate our Stone Care Guide.
- Factors to consider in selecting a natural stone
- Care & Precautions
- Cleaning Procedures & Recommendations
- What to do when a spill occurs
- Do's & Dont's
- Notes on Stone
Color - Natural stones are available in a beautiful spectrum of colors from soft beiges to multi colored exotics.
Finish - Natural stone is available in a number of finishes such as polished and honed.
- A polished finish has a glossy surface that reflects light and emphasizes the color and markings of the stones.
- A honed finish is a satin-smooth surface with relatively little reflection.
Usage - The harder the stone, the more it resists abrasion
Stone is a product of nature. It is not possible to guarantee that all the colors and markings on a large stone deposit will be present in every small sample, nor that every characteristic of a sample will be uniformly present in other samples. A sample serves only as to indicate in a general way; the color, marking, and texture usually found in a variety of species of stone. No two installations will ever be identical because of the stone's characteristics and unique appearance. We assume no responsibility to any faulty installation of our products. We extend no guarantees, expressed or implied as to slipperiness, wear-resistance or maintenance procedures